Before majoring in Communication, Alex studied Journalism–and they never did forget their roots.
In their freelance articles, they often write about their experiences as an artist, a disabled individual, and a nonbinary queer person–though they’ve also had the chance to dabble in writing about the arts and media, so their main niches are identity-based work and arts/entertainment. They’ve been freelancing since 2018, taking on everything from pronouns in the workplace, to pop culture, to Zoom’s accessibility levels, interviewing everyone from particle physicists to drag performers.
- Commissioned TransLash Article on Dismantling Unhealthy Ways of Coping With Gender Dysphoria (also available in zine form!)
- Commissioned Autostraddle Article on An Autistic Reading of Robin Buckley from Stranger Things
- Read all of Alex’s Peak articles here!
- Commissioned artsUNITE Article On Creating During The Pandemic
- Commissioned She Does The City Article on Gender Journeys and Art
- Commissioned Diem Article on Pronouns in The Workplace
- Commissioned Manitoba Possible Article on Being a Disabled Artist During the Pandemic
- Communique Article on Pursuing Arts While On Work-Study/Co-Op
- BONUS: A queer anthology Alex had an essay featured in!