Alex is currently studying Communication at SFU, and they’ve eagerly taken on just about everything the industry entails.
As a communications worker, they have experience with newsletters, copywriting, audiovisual work, social media, podcasting, graphic design, website upkeep, and more. They’ve done this kind of work on multiple scales, in a variety of environments–from indie theatre groups to local nonprofits!
Most recently, they were the Communications & Podcast at SFU’s Vancity Office of Communication, where they worked in the creation and sharing of Below the Radar, SFU’s knowledge democracy podcast, which takes on environmental and social justice, arts, culture, community-building, and urban issues.
- SFU Vancity Office of Community Engagement (2022; Communications & Podcast Specialist)
- SFU Creative Writing Club (2020-2022, Communications Executive)
- Averno (2020-2021, social media and Newsletter Author)
- posAbilities (2021, Special Projects Worker)
- QSpeak (2021, Graphics/Promotions Team)