Alex got their start in prose, not just as a writer but as an artist in general. It’s where their heart belongs, to this day. Beginning with quirky tales of unicorns and outer space, Alex has since changed their tune but never left the speculative behind. They consider their specialty to be the #OwnVoices Fantasy genre, specifically of the YA/Adult/General Audience niches.
- Selene (Worldsmyths Anthology, 2022)
- Moon to Comet (FORM storybook, 2021)
- The Grief Sisters (Gold Key recipient in the Scholastic Writing Awards, 2018)
- Peter K. Hixson Memorial Award, Honourable Mention (2021)
- International Scholastic Writing Awards: Gold Key in Fantasy (2018)
- International Scholastic Writing Awards: Silver Key (Overall transcript) (2018)
- #TeenPit: Semi-Finalist (2018)
- An #OwnVoices Fantasy novel currently being queried to agents. It contains a nonbinary main character, found family, neurodivergent representation, and a solarpunk aesthetic.
- Also various short stories, which are being sent about to various literary magazines and similar publications. Keep an eye out!